With this year’s “Sankranti moment” set to 6:55 pm on 14th of April 2019 AEST, the চৈত্র সংক্রান্তি ১৪২৫ and পহেলা বৈশাখ ১৪২৬ events are around the corner. These are auspicious days in Bengali calendar that we have traditionally been celebrating as part of our culture, age-old rituals and our rich heritage.
BACV and BPCSV will be jointly celebrating this year’s চৈত্র সংক্রান্তি: “পিঠা পার্বণ” and বৈশাখী মেলা – two grand festivities together on Saturday, 13th of April 2019 with a day-long event at the Chandler Community Centre at Keysborough (details below). This is to formally invite you, your family and all your friends to attend, enjoy and celebrate this year’s Bengali New Year festivities.
This day-long event will begin at the Gymnasium at 11:00 am and conclude with a grand cultural show at the Auditorium during the evening. This is a ‘must not miss’ event for both the young and old in the community. There will be –
- many choices of Saris, Dresses, Punjabi/Payjamas, Photography and many other community and business stalls that you can visit and shop
- a wide selection of food stalls offering our traditional পিঠা, পায়েস, চটপটি, ফুচকা, লাবড়া, লুচি, ইলিস ভাত and many more delicious dishes that you can relish and indulge in
- Jumping Castles and other Kid programs and events on the adjacent field
- Furthermore, there will be non-stop cultural performances throughout the day by a variety of community organisations showcasing our music, dance, drama, poetry recitations, etc.
- And during the evening, we will have a grand loko-geeti performance by two very well renowned artists from Bangladesh – Mr Kiran Chandra Roy and Ms Chandana Majumder supported by two accomplished and well-known Bangladeshi musicians, Vinod on Keyboard and Tulsi on Tabla.